Fred C. Cox a member of the Utah House of Representatives
for the Utah Republican State Central Committee
The caucus system is the best way to make sure grass roots movements can work over large amounts of money. It is the only way someone with $100,000 can run an election campaign against someone with $2,000,000 in election funds. I will work to defend the caucus system.
As a State Delegate, I have been concerned with the efforts by some to move more and more power to the State Central Committee and away from the State Delegates. I have attended many State Central Committee meetings to be aware of what is being done. As a member of the State Central Committee, I will work to protect the balance of power at the grassroots level.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY SERVICE
• Utah State House of Representatives, District 32, January 2011 to present.
• AIA Utah, Government Affairs Committee, January 2008 to 2010. Assisting with tracking, suggesting, and
coordination of bills and regulations affecting the practice of architecture.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005-2011.
• Salt Lake County Republican House District 32 Chair, August 2010 to January 2011.
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce Government Action Committee, Nov. 2010 to present
• Campaign Volunteer and/or Consultant for the following:
Ron Bigelow, Utah House of Representatives, 1994 to 2011.
Jason Chaffetz, U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 3rd District, May 2008 to 2011.
Kevin Fayles, Candidate for Mayor, West Valley City, UT, 2009.
Dave Hansen, Utah State Republican Party Chair, March 2009 to June 2009.
Cherilyn Eagar, 2010 US Senate Race, May 2009 to May 2010,
Tim Bridgewater, 2010 US Senate Race, May and June 2010.
Morgan Philpot, 2010 U.S. House of Representatives, Utah 2nd District, June 2010 to November 2010.
Daniel W. Thatcher, 2010 Utah State Senate, District 12, August 2010 to November 2010
• Church Based community service
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
• Licensed Utah Architect since 1991
• Licensed Idaho Architect since 2008
• Licensed Oklahoma Architect since 2011
• Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1991
• Member of ChamberWest since 2007
Also, listen to my comments between 43:06 to 47:35 for the final debate on 3rd S HB 116