Saturday, December 2, 2017

Fred Cox for Utah House of Representatives District 30

I believe we must stand up and be heard or watch our constitutionally protected rights disappear. We can't continue to let government take over our lives.


That was the reason I ran for office when my State Representative, Ron Bigelow, stepped down to help the Governor at the end of 2010, and it is still so today.


It was one of the reasons I was awarded the Libertas 2016 Defenders of Liberty Award.


For 2015 and 2016, I was given a 100% rating from the Utah Taxpayers Association for voting against tax increases and looking out for the taxpayers. I also received a Salt Lake Chamber 2015 and 2016 Business Champion award for working to help Utah businesses grow. I worked hard to make sure the legislature didn’t ignore the idea of replacing the prison in Draper, which I believed would have saved over $100 Million, which has since been shown to be true.

I had the opportunity to serve in the Utah House of Representatives in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016. During that time I had a reputation of being willing to speak up and to fight for and vote for what I believed was right, no matter the opposition.

Bills I worked on are covered in more detail here:

I also had the reputation of reading through all of the bills I would vote on, and after the 2016 session a comedy song joked that I might have known other legislators' bills better than they did. During my service, I had one of the best floor attendance records of anyone in the House, with the exception of one rare House Judiciary Standing Committee meeting called during floor time where I missed 12 votes in 2015. They were the only ones I missed that year. I wanted to be in the chamber during debates and voting so I could hear both sides of an issue and see if a bill was ready, or needed to be amended or voted down. "Motion to Amend" was something I said more than once. I always voted for or against the bill no matter who the sponsor was or what party they belonged to.

I have been asked by many in the district to run again. I would appreciate your support, whether by endorsement for 2018 or campaign contribution.

For contributions, checks can be sent to:

Fred C. Cox, Campaign Fund
4466 Early Duke St.
West Valley City, UT 84120-5723

Online donations can be made though my Square account for
$5 to $250, or multiples of any of those.

For updated information, see my social media sites at:

including my blog at:

Thank you again for your interest,
Fred C. Cox for Utah House District 30

801-966-2636 home