Sunday, May 24, 2020

Issues Questions and answers 2nd amendment and other rights

Where do you stand on the 2nd Amendment

I was asked to speak at a 2nd Amendment rights rally at the Utah Capitol February 8, 2020.

In the past I have been endorsed by the NRA-Political Victory Fund. I am a strong supporter of our right to protect ourselves.

I quoted this section from our Utah State Constitution:

 Article I, Section 6.  [Right to bear arms.]      The individual right of the people to keep and bear arms for security and defense of self, family, others, property, or the state, as well as for other lawful purposes shall not be infringed; but nothing herein shall prevent the Legislature from defining the lawful use of arms.

Notice the Legislature can define the lawful use of arms, but it can't take away the right of the people to keep and bear arms for security and defense. I spoke opposing the "Red Flag" laws being proposed.

I have strongly condemned the Salt Lake County Mayor's decision for an “operational change” to close the gun show background check "loopholes" at gun shows at county facilities.

I am running to replace the Republican incumbent who voted to support the county mayor, when the county council voted 5 vs 4 on February 11, 2020, a few days after the rally.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/2/17/21136549/utah-gun-control-background-checks-gun-shows-salt-lake-county

I wrote this:
https://fredcox4utah.blogspot.com/2020/04/we-need-to-reverse-salt-lake-county.html



If you are a defender of  property rights, then why did you publicly oppose and speak against the Olympia Hills Project before the Salt Lake County Council vote?

A good explanation is at:
https://fredcox4utah.blogspot.com/2020/02/olympia-hills-project-too-fast-or-is.html

I proposed a compromise which was not voted on. I also believe it was wrong for the county to vote on this when the decision should have been up to a city annexing the property.


Where are you re: Government closing private businesses regarding the pandemic?

https://fredcox4utah.blogspot.com/2020/05/i-was-asked-to-speak-for-few-minutes-at.html


Check back for more updates.