Saturday, April 20, 2024

Fred C Cox for Utah House District 30 - Protecting your rights

 We had a great chance to talk at the Salt Lake County Meet the Candidate Night, just west of our district.

One of the delegates, said he was undecided. I have been thinking since then of what to say to him. I have a few things I want to tell him and you.

I have and will work with the legislative committees to improve and block bills. I will continue to be involved. I will continue to be transparent.

In 2011, working with others in the House Judiciary Committee, I blocked an attempt by the Utah Attorney General to further amend our 4th amendment rights. 
 
That didn't stop there and hasn't since.

I recently started to dust off my youtube channel. There isn't a lot there right now, but there is a very interesting video of a Utah House of Representatives floor debate from 2016.


I was asked to run the bill by a couple in our district with an adult child in 2014. When I was elected in a hotly contested general election in 2014, I had the drafting attorneys for the legislature start working on the bill. In 2015 I was able to make a few changes to the law re: Adult Guardianship

In 2016 I was able to make changes to the law. This shows the debate. The parents had asked others in the legislature to run a bill. One was an attorney. Those were not able to help or they were not willing to help.

There are still major issues with the information provided to parents, and many of the links on the state website are still wrong. 

More work on this issue is needed.

I ask for your vote so I can continue to work on this issue and other issues important to those living in our district and also the state.

Vote for Fred Cox

Fred reads though and votes on bills based on what the bill says and would do.

This independence concerns a few “powerful” groups who are afraid of that and are already spending tens of thousands of dollars in this race.


Why would these groups be concerned re: Fred C. Cox

1. The 2019 Tax Referendum.


We blocked the increase in the food tax, taxes on services and an increase for the fuel tax and other issues. 
Rep. Judy Weeks Rohner was a key leader in this fight.

Rep. Judy Weeks Rohner has filed to run for State Senate District 12, and so House District 30 is an "open" seat race.

 

I am the Convention nominee with the backing of the party. The other Republican candidate gathered signatures besides running through convention. I did not gather signatures. There is a primary this June. Let me know if you need a yard sign.

 

Please come to one of my Town Hall meetings and help me understand the issues that are important to you.

 

I ask for your vote.

 

Fred C. Cox

fred@fredcox4utah.com

 

https://www.fredcox4utah.com/