Monday, March 19, 2012

John Dougall for Utah State Auditor

I endorse John Dougall to be the new Utah State Auditor, as I can't think of anyone better I would trust with $13 Billion dollars, that would make sure the audits are complete and understandable to everyone.

He has been Vice Chair of the House Executive Appropriations Committee, responsible to help with coordinating not only between all appropriations committees, but with the Senate. I have watched him repeatedly work to protect the money required at the hands of taxpayers to fund State operations.

The State Auditor is an administrative position. While I don't agree all the time with Governor Herbert, he has done well, despite not having degrees or certifications to match all of the areas he administers.

The Utah Constitution sets the requirements for Utah State Auditor, and there is no requirement for a CPA. John Dougall has an engineering degree and a MBA. He is a master with numbers.