Friday, June 7, 2024

Vote for Fred C Cox, for House District 30

Vote for Fred Cox

As you get your ballot, remember to vote for Fred C. Cox for Utah House District 30.


Fred reads though and votes on bills based on what the bill says and would do.

This independence concerns a few “powerful” groups who are afraid of that and are already spending tens of thousands of dollars in this race.


Why would these groups be concerned re: Fred C. Cox getting back in the legislature?

1. The 2019 Tax Referendum.


We blocked the increase in the food tax, taxes on services and an increase for the fuel tax and other issues.
Rep. Judy Weeks Rohner was a key leader in this fight.

To learn about other candidates on your ballot:




Why vote for Fred C. Cox?


I am proud to have led the effort to end a proposed increase in taxes on food and other services. The Utah Legislature passed a massive 177% tax hike on groceries

 

We were able to gather more than 170,000 signatures for the Utah 2019 Tax Referendum, enough to persuade the governor and legislature to repeal the tax.

 

Here are some of the key issues I will fight for to protect you and your family if I am elected again to House District 30:

 

·       Put more money in classrooms by reducing the cost of school buildings and reducing money leaving the education fund.

·       Defend the U.S. Constitution by protecting the rights of Utah and the people from overreaching federal interference.

·       Grow the economy by reducing burdensome regulations on businesses

 

We can't continue to let the government take over our lives. I am the Utah Republican Convention winner and I am backed by the party.

The other candidate in the primary is on the ballot though signature gathering.


I have scheduled the following town hall meetings to learn what issues are important to you.

Saturday, June 8, 2024, 11am to 12:30pm, West Valley Library Meeting Room, 2880 W 3650 S, West Valley City, UT 84119
(near the mall)

Saturday, June 22, 2024, 11am to 12:30pm, Hunter Library Meeting Room, 4740 W 4100 S, West Valley City, UT 84120

"I believe we must stand up and be heard or watch our constitutionally protected rights disappear. We can't continue to let government take over our lives".
This was the reason I ran for office originally, and it is still true today.

I had the opportunity to serve in the Utah House of Representatives in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016. During that time, I had a reputation of being willing to speak up and to fight for and vote for what I believed was right, no matter the opposition.

I also had the reputation of reading though all of the bills I would vote on, and after the 2016 session a comedy song joked that I might have known other legislators' bills better than they did. During my service, I had one of the best floor attendance records of anyone in the House. I wanted to be in the chamber during debates and voting so I could hear both sides of an issue and see if a bill was ready or needed to be amended or voted down. "Motion to Amend" was something I said more than once. I always voted for or against the bill no matter who the sponsor was or what party they belonged to.

You can reach me though social media:
My website is at:
I have a blog:

Ballots will be mailed out in This week, with many arriving today.

I ask for your vote.

Fred C. Cox for Utah House District 30