Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Fred C Cox for Salt Lake County Council 2

Salt Lake County Delegates,
I hope you and your family are safe and doing well.

I have received the following dates and times from the Salt Lake County Republican Party re: the online County Convention
It is possible the instructions from them will be updated. You should have already received this.

April 18, 2020 9:00am Call to Order

Voting Round One: Polls to Open at 9:30am Saturday April 18, 2020 and will be open through Sunday April 19, 2020 to 10:00am
If you need to take part in a round two vote you will be emailed.

Voting Round Two: Polls to Open at 1:00pm Sunday April 19, 2020 and will be open through Monday April 20, 2020 to 2:00pm
There will be additional information being emailed to you and regarding polling locations, voting method and any additional information as needed.

For more information visit https://www.slcogop.com/conventions
Download your voting app today at: https://slcogop.voatz.com/

Since there are 3 Republican Candidates for Salt Lake County Council District 2, voting could take 2 rounds. If so, the 2nd round will be critical.

When I was selected by delegates to replace my state representative in 2011, I won by one vote in the 2nd round. Don't underestimate how important one vote is. 

For those that have may have missed my last 3 town hall meetings, or want to watch them again, there are links to watch at:


I have a new Facebook Live town hall meeting this Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 10am.

You should be able to find it from my personal facebook profile at:

The event information is at:
The facebook Group is at:

Fred Cox for Salt Lake County Council District 2

I was recently asked: "What do you think are some of the biggest issues facing Salt Lake County currently?"
My response was: Growth, Taxes, Transportation, Water, Air, and Crime.  Help us come up with the best answers to these by participating in the town hall meetings.

For 10 years I have said this:
I believe we must stand up and be heard or watch our constitutionally protected rights disappear. We can't continue to let government take over our lives.
That was the reason I ran for office when my State Representative, Ron Bigelow, stepped down to help the Governor at the end of 2010, and it is still so today.

It was one of the reasons I was awarded the Libertas 2016 Defenders of Liberty Award.

The end of 2019 and the beginning on 2020, I was the original sponsor (of 5) for the Utah 2019 Tax Referendum. Working with voters throughout the state, both liberal, conservative, and everything in between, and as volunteers, we were able to gather over 170,000 signatures in 29 counties, exceeding the 116,000 required signatures in 15 counties. Because of the success of our team, the Legislature and the Governor repealed 2019 SB 2001, instead of facing the backlash of the voters this fall.

For 2015 and 2016, I was given a 100% rating from the Utah Taxpayers Association for voting against tax increases and looking out for the taxpayers. I also received a Salt Lake Chamber 2012, 2015 and 2016 Business Champion award for working to help Utah businesses grow. I worked hard to make sure the legislature didn’t ignore the idea of replacing the prison in Draper, which I believed would have saved over $100 Million, which has since been shown to be true.

I had the opportunity to serve in the Utah House of Representatives in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2016. During that time I had a reputation of being willing to speak up and to fight for and vote for what I believed was right, no matter the opposition.

I also had the reputation of reading though all of the bills I would vote on, and after the 2016 session a comedy song joked that I might have known other legislators' bills better than they did. During my service, I had one of the best floor attendance records of anyone in the House, except for one rare House Judiciary Standing Committee meeting called during floor time where I missed 12 votes in 2015. They were the only ones I missed that year. I wanted to be in the chamber during debates and voting so I could hear both sides of an issue and see if a bill was ready or needed to be amended or voted down. "Motion to Amend" was something I said more than once. I always voted for or against the bill no matter who the sponsor was or what party they belonged to.

I have been asked by many to run. I would appreciate your support, whether by endorsement for 2020 or campaign contribution. I need your vote.

Fred C. Cox for Salt Lake County Council 2
You can contact me with questions and ideas at:
My home phone number is 801-966-2636

Candidate lists are at:

Campaign Financial Disclosure statements are at:

The Salt Lake County Council 2 District map is at:
It includes the west part of West Valley City, Kearns, Magna, Copperton, West Jordan (west of U-111), and also parts of South Jordan, Riverton and Herriman.